Thursday 14 March 2013

Digging up the past


Isn't it funny what we find when we have a rummage through our old things? While looking for some old uni books I discovered a box from when I was 16. The contents were i-zone polaroids of me and my ex boyfriend, ACTUAL photos of my friends at our swimming carnival, a few trinkets I'd long forgotten about - and a piece of writing that I created in school.

The comments at the end of the piece from my teacher:

"Fantastic! Don't lose this, you could use it in a larger piece"

All these years later I hoarded it and never looked at it. Perhaps it's time to do a clean out and discover what you have of the old YOU from years ago. It can give great insight into the journey you've had since. How much have you changed since high school?

Here's a snippet of my writing at 16, enjoy!:

"She walked over to the stereo and pressed play. There seemed a tingle of thrilling suspense shoot up her spine as the long silent pause awaited it's death. As a thousand volts of sound blasted from the stereo, she could feel the rhythm start to capture her soul and the beat drum into her heart. Her love for music grew deep, unleashing feelings and emotions that she had overlooked, naively thinking that they were not even there at all. The music wrote the poetry she could not find within herself to write as she had heard a thousand lyrics but only few could cut the critiscm of her ear. These instruments, these lyrics, these voices so beautiful had given her the expression she longed to capture herself, with the exception being that it may belong to someone else - but to her, it was all about herself"



No comments:

Post a Comment