Sunday 18 November 2012

Pre-tox to my De-tox


In 2 weeks and I’ll be off to The Spa Resorts in Koh Samui undergoing the 7 day “You’ve Changed My Life” fasting program. I’m a little bit scared but REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. Check out pics here:
 



 

The cleanse itself is going to involve fasting on special detox shakes, teas, supplements and juices, with a set schedule: regular intake of the juices every 3 hours and meditation and yoga every morning. Massages, the steam room and and colonics (eep) are daily norms. I can’t wait to see how I feel after this, it’s going to be a challenge and a half!

Prior to the fast the resort recommends to do a pre-cleanse which will help my body be ready for the cleansing. The website recommends:

Avoid heavy proteins, white breads, cakes, sugar & other highly processed foods as well as coffee, alcohol & soft drinks. Plenty of vegetable & fruit juices are best. We suggest you eat and drink alkaline-forming foods such as: all fresh fruits, raw vegetables & juices, salad greens, sprouts, apple cider vinegar, dates, dried apricots, dried figs, grapefruit, melons, raisins, millet, molasses, lima beans and lentils.

So that’s what I’m gunna do! In addition to this, I recently attended a seminar on Hormonal Health by Dr Sam Warner, which gave an incredible amount of information on what to eat for great hormonal health. It’s my aim to be in balance, so I have incorporated some of her tips as of late and will continue to apply them in the pre-tox. I thought I’d share my little plan plus give you the additional info I picked up in the hormonal health seminar.

MEAL PLAN

Rise & Shine: Supplements time

I’m a big fan of waking up to a large glass of apple cider vinegar diluted in water and then taking my supplements first thing. ACV alkalizes the body and mixed with water gets your digestive system ready for the day. My morning supps consist of:

1 Herbs of Gold Women’s Multivitamin (has grapeseed oil)

2 Fish oil caps (Omega 3’s)

1 Probiotic & (Digestive health)

A Royal Jelly Capsule (Explained below)

This ensures any nutritional gaps in my diet are filled. The benefits of Royal Jelly really piqued my interest in the hormonal health seminar as it included reversing the signs of ageing, increased vitality, hormone balancing and the list continues. Apparently it’s the stuff the worker bees create to feed the Queen Bee, this is the ONLY food the Queen Bee will eat. Since taking this stuff for a couple of weeks I have noticed my vitality has increased and skin tone has improved.

Breakfast: Super Powers Smoothie

I LOVE SUPERFOODS! & the fact you can whip them into a super yummy smoothie rocks my socks off. Here is the one I’m having at the moment and will continue to during the pre-tox.

1 scoop Herbs of Gold natural Pea Protein Isolate (All natural, has green tea and veggies in there, sweetened with Stevia)

1 TBS Flax seeds (Hormonal health and aid digestion)

1 TBS Raw cacao powder (Magnesium)

1 cup frozen berries (Vitamin C)

1 TSP Chlorella, Spirulina & Barley Grass powder (Protein, omega 3 and cleansing)

1 TSP Maca Powder (Hormonal balancing – note really really good for women with menopause, iads the symptoms)

1 TSP Coconut Oil (Digestive aid, antiviral, good for skin and hair)

1 TSP Bee pollen (mood booster and anti ageing, see here for further benefits: http://www.mercola.com/article/diet/bee_pollen.htm) its amazing

Water

It’s Choc-Berry goodness and I am in love.
 

Mid morning snack

Goji berries (major antioxxident, Vitamin C, stimulates the Pituitary Gland and increases Human Growth Hormone)

Green tea (anti cancer, appetite suppressant)

STOP - HGH Time.

Since I just mentioned the increase of Human Growth Hormone from Goji berries I thought I‘d let you know why it’s important. As we get older our HGH levels decline, but it’s HGH that maintains our tissues and organs throughout life. With enough HGH we remain youthful, can lose weight and increase your energy.  Men will find that their muscles grow, though women won’t have to worry about this. It’s becoming increasingly popular to get a jab of HGH from the Dr, & celebrities are onto it too, but why not try and keep it natural. You can increase HGH naturally by eating Goji berries, doing sprints (activating the fast twitch muscle fibres assist this), and only eating a small protein meal in the evening. Fasting also stimulates HGH.

Lunch

Chicken salad

Hemp seeds (Protein, omega 3)

Cucumber (skin on for the silica)

Tomato (lycopene)

Oregano

Lemon

Chicken

Afternoon meal

Chicken salad

Chicken

Carrot

Sprouts

Spinach leaves

Dinner 
Another blended protein shake but no fruit

I’ve requested raw vegetarian food for the plane ride, and will bring some natural snacks with me as well.

My preparation for the detox is planned and ready to go. I’ll get myself a diary to jot down all I experience on the retreat, and will be sure to post!

If you’ve had a detox retreat experience, I’d love to hear from you about it!
http://www.thesparesorts.net/samui
http://www.facebook.com/TheSpaResorts/photos_albums#!/TheSpaResorts?fref=ts 

The Spa Resorts have an awesome Facebook page with lots of inspirational health info if you'd like to sign up! Link above!
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that really looks amazing. I love Thailand, and the idea about doing a fast over there is something Im very keen on doing. Cant wait to heat your feedback on how it was :)

    ReplyDelete